Is your cat having problems with its urinary tract? The food you feed your cat has a significant impact on their health. We find Hills cd cat food alternative which is the best C/D cat food is created with the appropriate elements to help prevent stone development.
The production of crystals in the urinary tract of cats is one of the most prevalent problems that cat owners face.
Many of our cats have significant urinary tract problems at some point in their lives, which can last for an extended period and cause considerable discomfort.
If your cat exhibits the unpleasant symptoms of Feline Lower Urinary Tract Disease, you’ll need to make some dietary modifications while following the veterinarian’s instructions.
This article covers some of the best C/D cat food alternatives to keep your feline healthy.
Hill’s Prescription Diet c/d – An overview
Hill’s cat foods were inspired by a guard dog and began in the 1930s with a young blind man traversing the country with a guide dog.
The terrible part was that the guide dog was suffering from kidney disease, so the blind guy sought assistance from Dr. Mark Morris, a clinical nutrition pioneer.
He immediately assumed the guide dog’s poor condition was due to a lack of nutrients.
Dr. Morris, his wife, and their team of experts have created innumerable diet plans for cats and dogs from the 1930s to the present.
Today, these compositions are the foundation of the Association of American Feed Control Officials (AAFCO).
Hill’s Prescription Diet c/d Multicare Feline Stress
Hill’s Prescription Diet c/daaa Multicare Feline Stress is one of their formulations. This cat food has been designed to target extra minerals that increase the formation of crystals in the cat’s urine, which can lead to bladder stones in the long run.
This cat food was created not just to support your cat’s urinary health but also to help them cope with the stress that comes with it.
Hill’s Prescription Diet c/d Multicare Feline Stress has been clinically demonstrated to lower the most prevalent urine symptoms by 89%.
However, the most prevalent complaint regarding Hill’s C/D cat meals is that they are too pricey compared to other brands.
Alternative to Hills cd cat food
- Royal Canin Urinary SO Cat Food
- Wysong Uretic Cat Food
- Blue Buffalo W+U Cat Food
- Purina Pro Plan Focus Urinary Tract Health Formula
- IAMS PROACTIVE HEALTH Adult Urinary Tract Health Dry Cat Food
1. Royal Canin Urinary SO Cat Food
When your cat has urinary problems, taking extra care of them is necessary. But, with the support of your veterinarian and Royal Canin, there’s a chance of making a real difference.
The urine environment created by Royal Canin Urinary SO is unfriendly to troublesome crystals like struvite and calcium oxalate.
It has less magnesium, which aids in your cat’s urinary tract health.
This cat food supports your adult cat’s urinary tract and bladder health. It helps dissolve excess minerals that can create crystals and stones by increasing the amount of pee your cat generates.
- Adult cats with urinary health issues will benefit from this formula.
- It helps prevent calcium oxalate stones by softening and breaking down pure struvite stones
- Dissolves excess minerals that can lead to crystals and stones
- The RSS (Relative Super Saturation) approach reduces ion concentration in urine, which contributes to stone formation.
- Crude protein- 10.5%
- Crude Fat- 2.5%
- Crude Fibre- 2.0%
- Moisture- 81.0%
2. Wysong Uretic Cat Food
Uretic has produced astonishing results in tens of thousands of felines over several generations for over thirty years. Dr. Wysong designed it, which is only famous because of veterinarian recommendations and word of mouth.
This formulation takes advantage of modern processing processes that maintain natural and nutritional value.
It has more fresh/frozen and dried meats, protein, and fat, as well as a broader range and higher micronutrients.
Excess minerals are removed, urinary-essential methionine is supplied, and small amounts of fruits and vegetables are added to replicate what would be ingested in the viscera of prey and provide essential vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and other nutrients.
It contains complete micronutrients and nutraceuticals, including probiotics, prebiotics, omega-3, enzymes, antioxidants, and more.
It is mineral-free and provides a natural source of methionine, an amino acid that helps improve urinary function.
- Taurine is an amino acid that protects your cat’s eyes and heart against disease.
- It is ideal for all phases of life
- To help with allergies, it contains rosemary extract.
- Natural flavorings and by-products are not used in this product.
- Aids in the treatment of painful urinary tract diseases.
- Crude protein- 42.0%
- Crude Fat- 15.0%
- Crude Fibre- 5.0%
- Moisture- 10.0%
- Taurine- 0.2%
3. Blue Buffalo W+U Cat Food
BLUE Natural Veterinary W+U Weight Management + Urinary Care is a diet that contains the right amount of fat, cal eeories, and fiber to assist you in maintaining a healthy weight, as well as controlled mineral levels to help with urinary health.
Blue Buffalo W+U Cat Food has completed feeding trials, unlike some AAFCO (Association of American Feed Control Officials) approved cat diets that rely on laboratory testing to establish nutritional sufficiency.
You should be aware that feeding trials are usually the most effective testing procedure in the pet food industry.
- Veterinary diet products with a higher fiber content help satiety and keep your cat feeling fuller for longer.
- Prescription-only cat food is free of grains, which are avoided by the majority of pet parents. Perfect for those with sensitive stomachs.
- It’s specially formulated for weight loss and urinary health, with just the perfect amount of fat and calories to keep your cat in top shape.
- To promote urinary care, it’s made with regulated levels of minerals like magnesium and salt.
- Chicken broth provides both nutritional and hydration benefits in this natural Diet.
- Crude protein- 8.5%
- Crude Fat- 2.50%
- Crude Fibre- 4.0%
- Moisture- 78.0%
- Taurine- 0.10%
4. Purina Pro Plan Focus Urinary Tract Health Formula
Purina’s name says eloquently about the high quality of cat food they create (and dogs). They are well-known and well-liked by pet owners all around the world.
The Purina Pro Plan FOCUS cat food line addresses specific cat health issues.
Their Urinary Tract Health Formula is one among them. This cat chow is specifically designed to support your feline’s urinary wellness. Your cat’s general health is dependent on a healthy urinary tract, and Purina Pro Plan’s high-quality, tailored nourishment will help it thrive.
Purina Pro Plan Urinary Tract Health formulations are more than simply a urinary diet for cats; they’re made with real poultry, meat, or fish, with no artificial colors or tastes.
Since the cats’ urinary demands require additional attention, each delicious recipe contains sophisticated nutrition that lowers urine pH and delivers low dietary magnesium. It benefits not only urinary tract health but also skin and coat health for overall well-being.
- The unique formulation uses genuine salmon to create an excellent flavor that your kitties will enjoy.
- It contains 25 essential vitamins and minerals for a healthy diet, whether provided alone or as delectable toppings on kibble.
- It keeps the urinary system healthy by lowering urine PH and giving a low magnesium diet.
- Extra attention to a robust immune system.
- Crude protein- 10% min
- Crude Fat- 6.0% min
- Crude Fibre- 0.5% max
- Moisture- 78.0% max
5. IAMS PROACTIVE HEALTH Adult Urinary Tract Health Dry Cat Food
IAMS understands that each cat is unique, so our recipes have been adapted to your cat’s demands and life phases.
IAMS PROACTIVE HEALTH Adult Urinary Tract Health Dry Cat Food with Chicken will keep your kitties at their best.
Real chicken with low magnesium is the first ingredient in our dry formula, so your cat will be enticed to taste it. It reduces the PH level in the urinary system to keep it healthy and protect your pet from FLUTD.
Because it contains vitamin E, which enhances immunity and keeps your cat in fantastic condition, you will notice an improvement in the immune system when your cat eats this food.
Other beneficial minerals, such as potassium and calcium, are included to safeguard the cat’s heart and bones.
Your cat’s teeth will be in ideal condition thanks to the texture of the dry cat kibble, which inhibits plaque buildup. The formula has no artificial colors or fillers that have no nutritional value.
This recipe is suitable for kittens, adults, and seniors because it is high in nutrients that keep your cat healthy. To address all of your cat’s demands, it aids digestion and hairball control. This meal may cause your cat to vomit and change the smell of his excrement.
- Made with real chicken and no artificial ingredients
- Reduces the PH level to protect your cat against stones and contains vitamin E to enhance immunity.
- Reduces plaque buildup for better dental health
- Kittens, adult cats, and senior cats will all benefit from this product.
- Crude protein- 32.0%
- Crude Fat- 15%
- Crude Fibre- 1.7%
- Taurine- 0.15%
Consistency and discipline go beyond what the recipes and formulas indicate about Hill’s c/d Cat Food.
This means that no matter what food you put your cat on, whether Hill’s, Royal Canin, or any other brand if you and your cat are consistent and have discipline, you can achieve long-term and life-changing outcomes.
Consistency and discipline explain why one cat may lose weight on a high-carbohydrate, low-fat diet, whereas another can yield the same amount of weight on a low-carb, high-fat diet.
Finding the proper type of food that matches your cat’s demands at different times is one of the best things you can do to ensure your cat’s healthy and happy life.